11/07/2015

unfriended

Yesterday I came across a situation that probably everyone with social media experienced; someone unfriended you. It's a thing that happens in real life as well, people just stop talking to you for whatever reason... but facebook makes it painfully visual. Suddenly you're unable to talk to someone you used to call your friend or at least that happened to me.

I had this friend...well if you can call it like that... It was a friend I never met but we used to talk a lot, we skyped few times, we shared our problems and mutual music taste. It was nice to have a friend like that, since I "met" him during my last year of high school and I didn't really feel like I had many friends back then. It was the time when I realised I might have been surrounded by my classmates every day, and I considered them as friends, but then we finished high school and I barely talked to them.

So since December we were talking basically every day. Of course I saw it only as a friendship because I was dating other guys but he never seemed like it was a problem; why would it be? We lived so far from each other. But then March happened and I met my boyfriend. We started dating, I tried to spend as much time with him as I could, I managed to graduate and even to be accepted to university. Meanwhile I was of course talking to my friend; not so often as before which I think started this alienation.

I don't think I'm that type of person who has to mention their other half in every conversation. I try not to do it, since I always hated when people were like that. But I did mention him sometimes to my friend, just because I felt he could understand some problems we had. Our conversations went from often to occasional and then... nothing. I tried to talk to him again back in September because I moved here and I felt like an old friend could help me survive this "shock" from moving away. But it was a short conversation, cut out by him, so I never tried again.

And yesterday I was browsing on facebook and I noticed that I haven't seen his posts for a while. So I checked his profile and it said: add as friend.

I messaged him after in a text, but I was told that I am basically a bad person because I was throwing my relationship in his face and he felt like I was playing with his feelings.

Well...clearly I don't understand men. And I'm sorry.



Have a nice weekend.

T.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People unfriend people if the mutual expectations aren't fulfilled. It is not only the nature of men, also the women.
Take me as an example...
I may be the only one repyling your posts yet you haven't contacted me:D But still, life is fun... Take care will you?;)

B.

Unknown said...

You are mysterious, B.
How am I supposed to contact you?

Anonymous said...

This is a good question to start with:)
You may need to take a look at your penpal friends' list and find someone whose name starts with a "B":)
You used to have my phone number too*-*
Still don't have a clue? Let me know:)

Best wishes,

B.