8/28/2015

fresh start

I might have tried way too many times to keep this blog alive and now I finally think it's going to work...well.. we'll see about that.

 Many things have changed over the past year (my final year of high school) and after 8 years of seeing the same people everyday, going to the same ugly school everyday and just being unhappy with what's going on, I started creating this idea in my head that it would be pretty awesome if I just found Uni abroad and move away from Prague.

It all started with one guy (I forgot his name, so sorry) who came to our school to give a presentation about how amazing it is to study abroad. He personally studied both in CZ and in DK, so he was able to compare both and I was thrilled. Then I discovered a group on facebook of Scandinavian Study- this is a company that helps you enrol to a danish university and overall makes the whole process much easier for you. I started talking to one girl from the company who also studied in Denmark and she kind of convinced me to give it a go.

I also applied to few Unis here in Prague but I didn't really see it as something promising. All those tests and exams now seem completely useless and I kind of regret spending money on it all..

By the time I fully decided to give it a go, I had a month or so to complete all of the documents and write an essay. Luckily thanks to the team from Scandinavian Study, I was able to complete everything and send all of the documents to the schools I picked out.

Few months later I received an email that I was accepted (yay!) and that's when I had to decide whether I should or shouldn't really go. And after many discussions with my whole family, I just told myself that I should try. It's an opportunity that I might not get again so yeah here I am, writing this article few hours before my flight to Copenhagen.

Wish me luck!

Tereza

No comments: